Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hips (and hipmoms) don't lie

Ronny started school this year and even though he is the most adorable little boy in the whole wide world, I love the extra time that it gives me. I might not be the most experienced mom, but I think that the first three years are the toughest on the mom. Imagine, staying away from my Breezer, supervising potty training and shedding all that baby weight is not exactly glam-sham. But it is over and all my friends tell me how Ronny is going to be a heart-breaker when he grows up. What more can a mom ask for?

So, what am I doing with all that extra time? Oh, loads and loads of stuff. Trips to London for shopping... a girl needs to have the latest couture (and this girl needs her fix of Galliano and Stella McCartney!), meeting up with my gal pals for tulli sessions, more couple-time with Rishi, more time for taash parties and taking up the home re-decoration project again. It has been less than a year since the last round of redecorations and everything is so embarassingly last season. I hate being a shabby mom.

Most moms will tell you that, it is tough to let go of your child. Reality Check: It is not. At least not for me, especially when the letting go means that I plan my world tour with Rishi.

Oh, Rishi is my husband, friend and soul-mate in every sense of the word. When I met him four and a half years back, it was love at first sight. With some help from Tequila, we fell in love with each other's gorgeous good looks. We knew we would together produce a real looker, and so we have Ronny.

I have lived in Delhi all my life and moved from W to L Block after my shaadi. Both sets of parents live in the neighbourhood and are available for baby sitting when I need.

Life is good.

No comments: